The Out Campaign: Scarlet Letter of Atheism

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is It Cold in Here, or is it Just Me?

I was recently reading an on-line forum, and someone asked the question, "What is the craziest thing you have ever forgotten?"

I didn't have to think long about mine.

A few years ago, I was working two jobs, going to school part-time, dealing with a parent in a nursing home, just generally stressed out. At least I hope it was the result of stress. I'd hate think I was sliding into senility this early.

Anyway, I was headed out one day, and I stopped with my hand on the door knob.

I had a nagging feeling I forgot something, but I could think of what it could be.

I went through a mental check list.

Cell phone? Check.

Lunch?  Check.

House Keys? Check.

Jacket? Check.

Then it hit me.

Pants.

I had completely forgotten to put pants on.

Somehow, I had managed to put on socks and sneakers, laced the sneakers up, and NEVER NOTICE THAT I WAS CLAD IN NOTHING BUT MY DRAWERS.

Seriously.


I keep this story close to my heart, hoping and wishing that this is indeed the craziest thing I've ever fogotten/will ever forget. If not, it's straight to the home for me.

1 comment: